Thursday, August 19, 2010

Room 5 To Be Featured In 417 Magazine

Are you ready for this?!  Are you ready?!?!

Room 5 is to be featured in Springfield, Mo's 417 Magazine!! OMG!!!!

To be exact, I (I mean Room 5) will be featured in the Savvy Shopper's section of 417's October issue!  I am so excited!!  I bet you couldn't tell, though - I'm trying to be way cool about it all.  And I just learned that 417 will be featuring me (I mean Room 5) in 417's Home Magazine due out in January of 2011.  Insert high pitched girlie squeal!!!

OK, I'm back.  Well, 417 just wrapped up their photo shoot, which by the way, was a total blast!  The photographer, Ed Biamonte had a very high-tech camera that got some great shots - I'm sure he had a little to do with it too!  Bethany McDonald, the assistant art directer, was very fun and Savannah Waszczuk, who is writing the article, is so sweet!

I kinda knew what would be going down when they got here - I knew they would be taking some shots of the entire store, or at least sections of the store.  And I knew they would be picking out "five things they like" and then would be taking some close-up pics of those items.  I did not know I would be included in these pictures!!  I figured if they did want a picture then it would be a head shot submitted at a later date!  It's a good thing I looked super cute today!!

So what five things did they pick to feature?  Well, let me show you!!

This Bamboo Chinese Lantern by K&K Interiors:


This cluster of Moonbeam Vases by Cyan Design:


This Slipper Chair:


This teapot by Andrea by Sadek and two teacups by Vance Kitira International:


And last, but not least, this Toddler Rocking Chair by Elegant Baby; a Chocolate Cable Knit Teddy Bear, also by Elegant Baby; a Plaid Tie Onesie by Stitches by Shaylynn; and a Plaid Burp Cloth, also by Stitches by Shaylynn:


Here are some pictures I took with my phone of them dressing the bear in the onesie for a 'gag picture' done as a 'gift' for a co-worker:


From left to Right: Savannah Waszczuk, Bethany McDonald and Ed Biamonte



Sorry, I don't have a "high tech" camera so the photographer's face came out kinda blurry!

Setting up the shot:


Getting the Shot:


The very impressive camera:


The close-ups of the merchandise showed above are replica's of how the photographer staged the items for his shots.  I think I did a pretty good job of duplicating his work!!

Here is a link to 417 Magazine's website.  Remember to look for me (I mean Room 5!) in the October issue!  And don't miss the January issue of 417 Home!

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive and oh so exciting !!!! There is also a high pitched squeal coming from me too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun.. how exciting for you and Room 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So excited for you (Room 5) and I don't even know you!!!

    ReplyDelete

All text and images on this blog are property of Room 5 Boutique, unless noted. If you share or link from this site (and please, feel free!), please acknowledge me! Thank you!!