Thursday, November 4, 2010

Local Artists

Kelly at Kelly's Korner Blog is hosting her weekly Show Us Your Life and this week it is Show Us What You Make. 

Well, I don't make anything; BUT I absolutely love to SELL what other people make!! 

My mission, when I opened my boutique, Room 5, was to find and sell fun, unique items that people couldn't get anywhere else.  My original business plan didn't include individual artist's hand-made work, but it defiantly does now!!

I love to scour other people's blogs and find fun, unique items.  And when I find something that interests me and that I know will interest my customers I jump at the opportunity to start a business relationship with that artist.  And, almost from the fist, I have had local artists stop by to see if I am interested in what they have to offer.  My boutique is starting to become known for selling local artist's works of love!! 

Here are some of the more popular items.

Goat Mill Stuff.  I absolutely love this "stuff!"

Goat Milk Stuff.  Prices ranging from $3.50 - $18.00

Handmade jewelry:

Amelia Bennett Jewelry:  Prices ranging from $20 - $35

Hand painted Watercolors:

Nina Lewis Watercolors:  Prices ranging from $35 - $45
Gourmet Food Mixes:  So Delicious!!!!!!

JD Farms:  Brownie, Chocolate Chip, and Hot Cocoa Mixes $12.50
This last group is what got the whole "local artist" thing started for Room 5.  I carry my mother-in-laws baby cloths and accessories in my boutique, and when people found out that they were handmade and NOT by me, they got curious to see if I would be interested in carrying other people's handmade creations!

Of Course!!!  I'm always interested in new avenues to take my business and this has been a great one!!

Handmade (embellished) Baby Clothing and accessories:

Stitches by Shaylynn:  Tie Onesie and Matching Burp Cloth: $15.50 and $9.50

Stitches by Shaylynn: Necklace Onesie and matching Burp cloth: $16.50 and $9.50
Handmade baby quilts:

Stitches by Shaylynn:  Handmade quilt and 3 matching burp cloths. $125.00
 Be sure to check out her blog to see what other great things she makes!!  Were talking super-hero capes, large, amazing and unique quilts and so much more!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted to leave a link for you to check out. It's my mother's website and she handcrafts the most amazing soaps. She uses high quality ingredients and a variety of designs that are perfect for any gift giving occasion. Thanks so much!!
    www.yorkshiregift.com

    ReplyDelete

All text and images on this blog are property of Room 5 Boutique, unless noted. If you share or link from this site (and please, feel free!), please acknowledge me! Thank you!!